Tuesday 2 September 2008

Gulf of Fethiye

Gulf of Fethiye

Dawn, looking from Kucuk Sarsala towards Gocek, on the north end of the Gulf of Fethiye, Turkey. Fethiye is on the south west coast of Turkey and very popular for sailing. Fethiye Marina can be seen here. The rising sun made the hills surrounding the bay a gentle shade of blue. I've always liked the shots of layers of hills and colours and here was my attempt. I think the silhouette of the tree gives it a oriental landscape feel as well, though the swing hanging off it doesn't help.

I think this was taken off the bow of our yacht but the sea, as you can see was very calm which But I still had to worry about the boat's motion when taking this photo. However, as the sun was quite bright I could push the shutter speed up and still have a decent aperture.
1/250s at f/14 99 mm ISO 160

3 comments:

Dino said...

beautiful blog,very nice photos, greetings from italy!
Many thanks for the recent view. Wish you great blogging time!!
Hi Dino!

Investinternals said...

What a wonderful snap. It is enough to get my sweet memories back. I took this for my desktop. Thank you so much and appreciated...

Sherin - Investinternals

myonlyphoto said...

beautiful photo, so peaceful. thanks for your visit to my blog also. Anna :)