Thursday 31 July 2008

St Paul's and Millennium Bridge

St Paul's and Millennium Bridge

Great blue, cloudless sky in this photo. This is the Millennium Bridge taken from the Southwark end (where the Tate Modern is), with St Paul's in the background. It's amazing the number of joggers who are up running along the bridge (at 0600...), phased such that as one leaves the frame the other one comes into it. I though that this was a little odd until I saw a group around a corner queueing up to do this...

The bridge makes a great contrast to the dome of St Paul's and frames it well, I left the tower cranes in this photo as I felt it helps frame the shot. A newspaper on the ramp has been removed as well as a cup. Normally I find removing litter myself is easier than trying to clone it out but ony had a moment to take this with only a few people in the frame.

1/100s at f/10 24 mm ISO 100

1 comment:

Mark H said...

An unusual photo of St Pauls. Well constructed.